Hi everyone -- Tim here -- I bet you all thought that I was never going to do a blog entry again. Well, here goes. I went to Dr. P's Thursday; because of some PCA holdups I didn't get there in time to get the requested chest x-ray before the appointment. But then Dr. P. listened to my chest and said that he didn't think a x-ray was necessary. He didn't even think that he wanted to draw blood gases. He thought I sounded very clean and clear with good breath sounds throughout my lungs. And, the ENT (ear nose and throat) doctor has scheduled the operating room for June 10th to put my old-style T-tube trach back in and to see if I can use what is called a BPAP (Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure) machine and maintain a good oxygen level day and night. BPAP is used for sleep apnea. It's not a ventilator! So, things are looking real good. The only concern is that the BPAP machine may not work with my T-tube (too much air leakage). Dr. P. gave it a 50-50 chance, I countered with 70-30 and he said "whatever you say, let's just keep our fingers crossed." So, gang, now is the time for fingers to be crossed--but chanting, prayers and positive energy will continue to help!
I'm feeling great.
No comments:
Post a Comment