Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Presto change-o

Hi, Tim here.

I needed to get my trach changed and couldn’t find anyone around home willing to do it (I didn’t look real, real hard). But I decided to drop in at Dr. P’s office and see if I could get someone to make the change there. I rolled in and one of the doctors who took care of me when the real Dr P. was away came out into the waiting room to say hi. I quickly asked if he would do it. He said sure, but not in the waiting room; come back and we’ll find a room. By now some of the nurses were complaining that they don’t do trach changes in this clinic and that it should be done in the EN&T clinic. Dr. Other P. ignored them and asked one to get something (I didn’t hear what) and which room could we use? When the nurse arrived in the room with a disposal bag that it turned out Dr. Other P. had asked for, he told her to watch so she could do it next time I needed it. I was back in my van heading home in 40 minutes. Why couldn’t I have gotten that kind of quick service back on January 23rd when I first went into the hospital, dammit?

No comments: