Sunday, April 03, 2005

Deja pneu

Here's Lynda back at the keyboard. I'm up at 11:00 signing in to let you know what I wish I didn't have to say. Tim's back in the (same) hospital, being treated for suspected pneumonia. We'll know for sure in the next day or so when the sputum and blood cultures come back.

What we know now is that after a few days of feeling somewhat short of breath (and with oxygen sat levels of 88-90), Tim woke up this morning at 1:15 and never got back to sleep. He wouldn't wake me, but when I got up at 7:00, he was laboring to breathe and had sats in the 83-85 range. We called Dr. P. and he said to bring him in. He alerted the ER, and when we got there, Tim was whisked right in. In short order, he was back on a respirator, nasal tube reinserted, IV fluids and antibiotics going.

He's catching up on sleep in between being pummelled and turned regularly, and his numbers are all good. His blood pressure was low in the evening, and Dr. P. ordered additional IV fluids, which brought it back up. He's been receiving IV zosyn and tobramycin since getting up to the ICU at noon. His ABGs were not far out of his normal range, with PCO2 of 59, pH of 7.31.

Please keep being there for him, as you were during January and February. All the caring and concern and prayer and love have done wonders and will again, I'm sure. I'll update things here again tomorrow.

No comments: