...that's me, not Tim.
Tim's doing fine, continuing to build strength and to get through the day without any machines to help--except oxygen.
Dr. Pulmonologist has ordered another set of blood gas tests to be taken tomorrow morning, to determine whether Tim will go home with a respirator or not. In any case, the remaining infiltrates in his lower left lobe have convinced Dr. P. that Tim will need oxygen at home as he continues to recuperate.
If the decision is that no respirator is needed, they'll also change his trach and put in a cuffless one. That will make it a bit easier to breathe and talk and eat, etc.
So...could be Saturday, could be Monday. Or even...tomorrow. Like I said, I'm holding my breath.
Wishing you an early good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment