Thursday, February 17, 2005

Short on news

This'll be a quick, easy-to-read post, because I'm just too tired to write much. After a short visit this evening, I asked Tim what he'd like to say in the blog.

He boiled it down to, "No new infection; just atelectasis (see Feb. 3)." And that's it: the sputum and blood cultures are once again clear of infection (hurrah! no pseudomonas infection!). But his upper right lung is atelectic again.

Dr. OtherPulmonologist ordered a doubling of The Vest and mucomist treatments from 2/day to 4. If there's no improvement by tomorrow, he'll do another bronchoscopy.

Several visits today cheered Tim up, but he's getting a little too much tv time, I think. He had me set the tv to "Survivor" when I left. "'Survivor!?'", I said. "You actually know this show?" He said, "No, I've never seen it before. But I heard a lot about it today when I was watching Oprah."

He also said that he learned on Oprah that mock neck shirts can make a person look 20 pounds heavier. Since that's been his sartorial choice for a couple years now, he said he was really glad that he's had this opportunity to watch Oprah and find out things like this.

Have a good Friday. Over and out.

No comments: